Constituted in the year 1957 as the first development authority in the country with no role model to follow, in the last four decades and a half there have been proud milestones and achievements in DDA's journey.
- In 1962 DDA formulated the 1st Master Plan for the planned growth and development of Delhi.
- DDA extensively revised the 1st Master Plan and a comprehensive Master Plan with perspective up to 2001 adopted in 1990.
- Draft Master Plan for Delhi 2021
was finalized and approved by the Authority and also by Central Government
for publication of notification in Gazette of India alongwith land use plan for inviting objections and suggestions from the public.
The objections/suggestions thus received would be studied and analysed for incorporating the same, if viable, in the final Master plan for Delhi 2021
- DDA has acquired 69907.50 acres of land
and developed it for residential, recreational, industrial, commercial
and institutional purposes.
- DDA has constructed, or facilitated construction of more than 10.65
lakh dwelling units hereby ensuring shelter for more than half of the population of Delhi.
- DDA planned and created the infrastructure for the IX Asian Games including a shooting range,a stadium of international standards and
the integrated Asian Games Village containing 853 dwelling units.
has given to Delhi city modern, well-laid-out shopping-office
complexes that have been created in 9 district centers, 36 commercial
centers, 134 local shopping centers and
440 convenient shopping centres
all over Delhi.
- DDA has developed as many as 22 industrial
estates having 12000 units. The Authority has also allotted thousands
of institutional plots.
- District centers, community centers, local shopping centers and other commercial areas planned and created by the DDA are a beehive of
economic activity, creating wealth and generating
To streamline growing flow of traffic, DDA has
employment all over the city.
created planned infrastructure, including strategic fly-overs.
Pleasant results are clearly visible.
DDA has instituted Urban Heritage Award for maintenance and upkeep of old buildings that are more than 50 years old, still in use and not listed as monuments.
As many as 5100 hectares of land has been
This has generated awareness of Delhi's hitherto heritage and encouraged proper maintenance of
landscaped and developed as district parks, city
forests, neighbourhood parks and other greens
by the DDA.
- The green cover in Delhi is 19 percent, much more than in other metropolitan cities of India. DDA has played a leading role in making this possible by providing
extensive green lungs in India's capital city.
- Taking sports
facilities to the citizens' doorsteps, DDA has developed developed 14 sports complexes including
- one Mini Sports Complex,
- 26 organised play fields and
- hundreds of other play fields all over
- Network of sports facilities created by DDA across the city, and the various sports tournaments that
DDA organizes every year, nurture budding sports talent in the city who are representing the country at
In the four decades and a half of DDA's work, the authority has created a niche for itself in the hearts
of the people of Delhi. It is in cooperation with the people of Delhi, the government agencies,
the private sector and with citizens from every strata of society that DDA has striven to carry out its mandate.
Yes, DDA not just builds houses, it touches Delhiites ' lives in every way.